We’ve been hearing this a lot lately from fans of My Wife’s Muffin: I can’t bake. My wife thinks otherwise. She’s got a recipe so easy it requires just one baking pan and no mixing. It’s also the kind of recipe that you can easily substitute ingredients. Seriously, you won’t believe how quick and easy my wife’s Wham! Bam! Yes You Can! Dessert Bars are to make!
The other great thing about these bars is they can be made in advance of a party or potluck event, and frozen until ready for use. My wife and I both prefer the firmer texture that freezing these bad boys produces. Or you can let them sit for about 15 minutes before serving if you prefer a softer and chewier texture. Try them both ways and let us know what you think!
Here’s what you’ll need to make my wife’s Wham! Bam! Yes You Can! Dessert Bars:
- ½ cup cookie crumbs (or graham cracker crumbs)
- ½ cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1¼ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cashews (or any nut you prefer)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat over to 350F.
- Place butter in 13 x 9 baking dish (if using glass dish, set on top of metal cookie sheet) and place on middle rack in preheated oven until butter has melted (approx. 10 mins).
- Remove from oven and tilt pan around so butter evenly coats bottom. Layer the coconut, chips, and nuts, sprinkling evenly in pan.
- Finally, evenly drizzle condensed milk over layers. Bake 20-30 minutes until edges are browned. Remove and place on wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Makes 24 squares.