If you’re like my wife, then you’ve already begun planning holiday baking. One thing my wife likes to do is to not only bake loads of cookies, but she also likes to ensure there’s quick and easy snacks in the freezer for those inevitable moments when she’s all baked out. So, last week she made these awesome muffins with apple, bacon, and loads of cheese. These are easily stored in the freezer for a quick breakfast or mid-day snack. Even better are the mini versions of these my wife made with a bit of the leftover batter. We both think they’d make great appetizers!
Here’s what you’ll need to make my wife’s So Cheesy! Apple Bacon Muffins:
- 2 cups pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup unpeeled, chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- ⅔ cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin pan. In bowl of stand mixer, combine milk, butter, and egg. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients in stand mixer. Stir until just blended, do not over-mix. Gently fold in apples, ⅔ cup of cheese, and bacon. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tins. Top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until browned.