If we had been on the ball, this recipe would have been posted before that big event that no one is allowed to mention. We admit it. We dropped the ball. Why? Well, we’ve been preoccupied with getting our bits and bytes lined up for the relaunch of the site in a couple weeks.
Luckily, we had another reason (besides a game) to devour this awesome chili my wife made: old man winter has finally made his appearance in our area. We’ve had an unseasonably mild winter thus far, and not much snow to speak of. That all changed this week, and it seemed the perfect time to make a batch of my wife’s Game On! Black Bean and Corn Chicken Chili!
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3-4 cups diced canned tomatoes with juice
- 1 (19 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of frozen corn niblets
- 2 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- In large pan, cook garlic, onions, and celery in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Transfer mixture to large pot, and add remaining ingredients. Bring to boil and then reduce to simmer. Cook for one hour or until veggies have softened and liquid has reduced. Makes 4-6 servings.
Gregg & Mae